Friday, April 9, 2010

I Know You Can’t Read This!
Why do many prescription drugs or over the counter medicine packages sport shining aluminium colour? Some packages have separate plastic bubbles for individual pills or tablets and are backed by a shining foil. Some packages have shining foils on both sides. The foil displays the pharma company’s hologram and other important details such as the expiry date and the drug composition.

I try to read the fine print on the shining foil by squinting or by turning the medicine strip at various angles to the source of light. Usually, I end up with more light being reflected off the strip. And then I give up!

For sure, pharmaceutical companies have a good reason for these shining aluminium packages. My research indicates that such packages perfectly protect each individual tablet and are considered best for the pharmaceutical industry. Okay.

But can the foil not shine? Maybe not.
Can we use friendly, readable font size and colour as illustrated by the title of this post? Maybe...
:-)

1 comment:

Treenz said...

ha ha ha good one! My thoughts precisely.

Towards Your Light

No one might remember me when I am gone. For the one who would have, has gone ahead Beautiful angel Wise and strong Don’t dislike me...