Sunday, August 7, 2011

Merry at 90

At the hospital, I was shocked to see so many youngsters queuing up to visit the doctor. Hmm.. I am very old - 90 years - hence I need a hearing aid. I can’t catch all the words, I can hear only some sounds. But these youngsters? What’s wrong with their ears? God...Save them!

You know, one day, he showed me a small machine and told: THIS is a compooter! (Laughs)
I have heard that most of you work on the compooter. You know how to use it, she knows, he knows; I don’t know. But, yes, now I have seen a compooter.


I am unable to dry my hair these days. Maybe it’s my age. So, I asked her to shorten the length. She refused. (Laughs) After many days of pleading, she agreed. And you know what she did? She cut ONLY an inch. (Laughs) I still have waist length hair. She says I should be proud of my hair.

I stood first in my music class because I was very good with the harmonium...I love colourful bangles & sarees. But, when I grew up, I was not allowed to pursue music nor wear colourful sarees.

Sandalwood trees grew in this backyard. Many people used to come and ask for the trees. Do you know, they are very valuable and can fetch a lot of money in the market? Then, one morning, we found out that the trees had disappeared. At night, someone climbed over the fence and chopped off the trees. To sell in the market...Alas! What to do?

This house is over 70 years old. This is where I have been for most of my life. I cannot imagine staying in any other house. This is my world. Merry and happy. KRISHNA! Krishna..Krishna..Krishna..

Yeah...Jackfruit & mangos, mountains & greenery, birds & squirrels. Indeed merry is your world.

1 comment:

Treenz said...

hey vini so who is this based on?
Nice one!

Towards Your Light

No one might remember me when I am gone. For the one who would have, has gone ahead Beautiful angel Wise and strong Don’t dislike me...